Lower expectations


Peter said yesterday was my best eating day on record... This is what I have to show for it.
108.6


I know usually watching the number on the scale go down is good... but in this case, it's actually terrifying. I still have a toddler to chase around who needs my energy. Losing weight in this case, is not going to help increase any energy levels.



Avocado banana and whole milk smoothies have been added.

Brie cheese added to most blends. And of course my tried and true... Cheddar Broccoli mixed with Chicken Noodle is still a staple. In fact, the local sprouts now sells it to me like this...


Grateful: I'm not lactose intolerant....

I also spoke with my oral surgeon about realistic expectations on recovery. 
Google, again led me down a very depressing path, which turns out to be true.

It seems the likelihood of me going back to regular food is MONTHS from now.
The all liquid diet will continue for 2-3 weeks after the screws and wires are removed.
Then perhaps a very soft diet (mashed potatoes, applesauce, etc) will be for another month or two after that... and steak... might be 6 months away...

What a blow.

 I had started making lists of dream foods and instead of being motivating its become extremely depressing.

So... instead of thinking BIG... I'm going to start thinking SOFT... I will have to go to physical therapy to learn how to chew again, and really just have someone put me through the pain of making my mouth chew again.

On a lighter note... someone in this house is still enjoying all that life has to offer :) 
And my face looks better!




Gripe:  It actually hurts more to smile than it does to talk... isn't that a sad state of affairs.


Comments

  1. Hang in there. Hopefully you're adding in lot of vitamins and maybe some Emergenc-E drinks to help ward off the dreadful flu. Getting sick seems to me the last thing you need. You'll have to down a ton of those avacado banana things after the amount of calories you'll burn skiing. But have fun!! I can't imagine what you're going through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you might think about adding protein powder and greek yogurt to your banana avocado smoothie. A teaspoon of cinnamon also helps for a change of pace. Another variation is then to add smooth peanut butter or peanut butter powder to that mixture. I actually use casein protein as an alternative to the normal whey protein when I want a slower release of the protein post exercise. Enjoy the wonderful world of smoothies :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts